About Kent Gardening
Operating from our base in the weald of Kent we aim to provide a comprehensive gardening, lawn care, landscaping, grounds maintenance and tree surgery service throughout the county of Kent. We pride ourselves on providing a quality service, our health and safety policy and giving consideration to others and the wider environment. Our operatives are experienced, qualified and fully insured and we only use reliable equipment suitable for the task.
James Sharp originally started Kent Gardening in 2011 with the ambition to provide a quality gardening service to the local area where he lived. Around the same time his father was coming into retirement and closing down his gardening firm. This allowed James to have an establish clientele from which to start the business from day one and many of these clients are still with us today.
As our services diversified, Kent Gardening grew with the business becoming formally incorporated in April 2017. Investing in new equipment and vehicles as allowed us to grow and now we offer a broad range of services to all sectors including home owners, commercial businesses and industry.
- Public Liability - £5,000,000 - Gardening, Tree Surgery, Hedge Cutting and Landscaping
- Employers Liability - £10,000,000
- Professional Indemnity - £5,000,000
Kent Gardening Ltd adheres to the following regulations which cover the tree surgery industry and are a legal requirement within the UK:
- LOLER (Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations) - By law all operatives working at height using ropes and harnesses including all devices for this application must be thoroughly examined by an independent inspector every 6 months for PPE and every 12 months for lowering equipment. We only use certified equipment designed for use in arboriculture.
- PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations)
- PPE (Personnel Protective Equipment Regulations)
- MHSWR (Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations)
- MHOR (Manual Handling Operations Regulations)
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations)
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Work At Height Regulations 2005
- Kent Gardening Ltd carries out all pruning work to British Standard BS3998:2010 where applicable
- We are registered with the Environment Agency for waste carrying - Waste carriers license Reg No CBDL162337
Some of our clients include
- Domestic Clients Across Kent
- The Milk House Pub
- Paddock Wood Town Council
- Jago & Jago Lettings